Monday 30 January 2017

Gratitude diaries- 11

Just like that, the first month of the new year is over! and I'm woefully short of my target of writing 40 thank you notes before my 40th birthday! Now I'll have to write two notes a day to meet my target. Doable? Probably. If I'm sincere and diligent, not lazy.

Aban is my other BFF, apart from Kash. It would be impossible for me to choose or prioritise between the two. They are both equally special to me. Three of us have been BFFs for 25 years and counting. This three-way friendship is one of the major blessings of my life and I'm really grateful to have these two very special ladies as my friends.

Aban is probably the only person with right-wing views who is so very dear to me. She and I do clash over our views at times, but back off from any full-blown confrontations. Aban has always been a straight talker and believes in saying it like it is. I appreciate her honesty even though it may sting at times. She comes across as a no-nonsense person but is a real softy at heart. I remember one particular instance in college. She was marching down the corridor with a fierce war like expression on her face. One of her friend's boyfriend had been making the friend cry, and she was on her way to give the unfortunate fellow a piece of her mind. Then she saw me and her expression softened. She came over to give me a hug (congratulations were due, I had just received interview calls from IIMs) and told me how happy she was for me. Then she continued on her mission with the war-like expression resumed.

We have a common pool of so many fun memories. Like the time we went to the Bon Jovi concert and had to push the car which broke down on the way. Like the time we went to 1900s. All the times we had breakfast in CCI and went for walks on Marine Drive. Numerous shopping trips.

I feel comfortable telling anything to her and need never fear being judged. Spending time with her and Kash is my favourite thing to do. In some ways, I rely on her (and Kash) for emotional support even more than on my own husband.

Thank you Aban, for your friendship, unwavering support and all the fun times over the years and I hope to have these for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment