Monday 2 January 2017

Gratitude diaries- 2

My older sister. I am so grateful to have her in my life.
The bond between sisters is special.  My sister and I are probably even closer than most sisters, maybe because of the difficult childhood we shared.
Growing up, she wasn't always very nice to me. She surely resented the special place I occupied in our mother's affection, being the youngest. But by the time we were adolescents, we were as thick as theives.
We shouldered the burden of our mother's illness together and it was a comfort to have someone to share the load with.
She was always super proud of my academic successes, never resenting them even when she looked poorer by comparison. She always encouraged me to do better.
She had the superior social skills and tried to draw me out of my shell, make me more sociable. She gave me beauty and fashion advice and made sure that I made the most of my looks. Her dress sense continues to be impeccable and inspirational to me to this day.
She never shut me out, always included me with her friends and continues to do so today.
She has always supported me and given me courage when I was going through difficulties or stressful periods. I am so lucky to have someone who I can always count on, no matter where or when I need her.
She inspires strength through her personal example. She has suffered from a lot of public opprobrium, but has never let it shake her confidence and faith in herself.
when her daughter was born, I was a bit taken aback by the tenderness which she showed towards the baby- she had never shown that depth of feeling for any other person than me!
I am really, really grateful to have her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment