Wednesday 1 February 2017

Gratitude diaries- 14

Apart from the three girl friends, Alka, Shrutika and Vidya, there were two other friends who completed my inner circle of trust within the insti. Naveen was one of them. Like Vidya, Naveen and I were in the same section and in a few study groups together. Naveen was a very kind person. I sensed his kindness early on and felt comfortable with him, inspite of being generally wary of the guys in the insti. It was very reassuring to have Naveen in my study groups. He was an engineer so not really averse to all the quanti stuff (which I was absolutely terrified of). He would take on the responsibility of the quanti stuff without making the others in the group feel as if they were worthless freeloaders, which many guys in other groups tended to do with those of us who were quantitatively challenged. His kindness inspired trust and I felt comfortable spending time in his company. I could let my guard down and share my fears and angst with him and he was fortunately not uncomfortable with my complaining and tears. He would take me out for a dinner or drive sometimes and help distract me and cheer me up. His support meant a lot to me. Thank you so much Naveen for being my friend and helping me through the dark times. Your help and support was a big part of my ability to pass that difficult first year.

No comments:

Post a Comment