Saturday 18 February 2017

Gratitude diaries 27

Most of my best friends have been women, but for some years I had one guy best friend. This was Amish. I met him through Channel Y (separate post on that later). We had a love for writing in common. Amish was intelligent, perceptive and empathetic. We used to talk a lot on the phone. I remember him reading the poems 'Walrus and the carpenter' and 'Mac cavity' to me on phone. We would go to his favourite haunt, 'Ghettos' to hang out sometimes. Whenever I felt down, or confused, I would reach out to him. Talking to him helped me straighten my head out, clear out my thoughts. He had had many friends , he was good with women and they responded to him. But our bond was special. I drew a lot of strength from our friendship and surprisingly, he did too. I wish we could have continued our friendship but after I got into a relationship with my to-be husband, we couldn't. I regret losing him as a friend, but I am really happy that we were friends for some time. Thank you Amish.

No comments:

Post a Comment