Saturday 4 February 2017

Gratitude diaries 17

Sydenham

Unfortunately, I don't feel as attached, humbled, awed or grateful to Sydenham, where I spent much more time, than IIM A. Five years. Certainly it was far less intense experience, so this is understandable. I will always regret the fact that I wasted five years that I spent at Sydenham, doing nothing more interesting than reading books (which I had borrowed from CCI library). This was time I should have spent studying, learning or at least meeting and working with other people through the various societies. But I didn't. Like everything else in my life, I never took advantages that Sydenham had to offer, to develop myself. Can't blame Sydenham for it though. But I do wish that I had gone to a  college like Xaviers, where I could have learnt more interesting subjects and through better teachers. Well, Sydenham was my choice, and it was not a very good one. But I am grateful to Sydenham anyway. For giving me Aban and Kash. Who have been my best friends and the people I most count on, since I was fifteen years old. I am happy that we had all that time to spend in each others company, go to movies, restaurants and build the foundation for a friendship that would last all our lives (hopefully) and would sustain us through the ups and downs. Thank you, thank you Sydenham for Aban and Kash! I am so grateful !

No comments:

Post a Comment