Saturday 4 February 2017

Gratitude diaries 15

The last but not the least of my close friends at IIM A was Deepak. Deepak was Naveen's friend and I got to know him through him. Three of us often spent time together, went out for dinner etc. I remember in my second year, on Valentine's day, three of us went out for dinner- three friends celebrating friendship. Deepak was also in many of my study groups. He was as supportive as Naveen and helped me through a lot of my hard times. Through him, towards the fag end of the my stint, I also became friends with few other people in his dorm. Those friendships did not last long, but the one with Deepak has. Deepak has been a true friend, always ready to help, even after the insti. He has helped me in job search, and even helped my husband. I feel comfortable asking him for help. I have not been able to return the favour in anyway, alas. A couple of times he has asked me for help, I wasn't able to help him, but generous person that he is, he doesn't hold it against me. We don't stay in touch often, but it's always nice to catch up when we do call or meet each other, once in a while. I feel lucky to have a friend like him. Thank you for everything, Deepak.

No comments:

Post a Comment