Saturday 4 February 2017

Gratitude diaries 18

Dr. Anahita

My obstretician was not chosen by me but for me, by the IVF clinic. Dr.Anahita, the tall bawee. When I told my father, he said he had had a run-in with her. Apparently, she was a social activist for environment and filed PILs against the people who put up outdoor hoardings obstructing trees or some such thing. She had gone into his office and threatened to file a PIL against his organisation for allowing these hoardings. Gutsy lady. But I was a little wary that she might not be kindly disposed towards me because of her fight with my father. I need not have worried. She was absolutely professional and never let any of that come in the way of our doctor-patient relationship. She was unfailingly kind, supportive and encouraging throughout the pregnancy. She was not fussy at all, didn't make a big deal of me getting a dental x-ray or skipping the glucose tolerance test because of major nausea. She rushed to the hospital late in the night (or early morning rather) and quickly put together a very good team for my emergency C-section very ably. Thanks to her quick action, everything went well. She advised me to seek help for postpartum depression if I needed it and gave me a number a psychologist for it. She asked me to give her a call every birthday of the twins to let her know how we were all getting on. Thank you Dr.Anahita, for helping give me my beloved boys safely. I will always remember and be grateful for your help and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment