Saturday 11 February 2017

Gratitude diaries 22

My husband Sameer

My fortieth birthday also happens to be our fifteenth wedding anniversary. Sameer and I are the most unsentimental of couples, never buying gifts for one another, or making a big deal about anniversaries. In fact, if not for the fact that my birthday and our anniversary coincide, Sameer would have a hard time remembering the anniversary date! But it suits me that way. We both know that the romantic, mushy stuff doesn't count for much. What matters is our commitment to our families- ones we belong to and the one we created together. Sameer has been extremely supportive through all of my family's ups and downs. I am sure it has not been easy for him at all, though it has its perks, to belong to my family. My father and sister have been in the news for more bad reasons than good and the internet being the warm fuzzy place that it is (ha, ha) is particularly vicious when it comes to the two of them. Sameer has taken all of it in a stride. Indeed, has always helped when asked to. He is a good provider and an excellent, hands-on father. I am so glad that when he is around on weekends, kids don't need me at all and I get all the space and me-time that I want. He has taken on some of my values and become a lot less religious and observant of customs than he used to be. He has provided me with two additional families- his own and the one we created together.  His mother, father and brothers have been like my own for last several years and I love the next generation of kids they have provided as well- brothers and sisters to Aseem and Sasha. I am glad that he has increased the circle of people I love and can rely on support. Thank you Sameer for being a caring father, a generous provider, a faithful husband (I think!) and for always being by my side through tough times. I am lucky to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment