Saturday 4 February 2017

Gratitude diaries 16

IIM A

After all the angst I have expressed about IIM A- how difficult it was- how grateful I was to people who helped me through- it must seem like I hated the place and was happy to rid of it. However that's not how I feel towards the place. I have never felt or will never ever feel that I belonged at IIM A. Maybe it is the imposter syndrome. But I have, even in my darkest hour, appreciated the beauty of the place. I love how it looks lit up at night, especially the Louis Kahn Plaza or the iconic LKP. And the Harvard steps. I never failed to be awed by these sights. I never fail to feel over-awed that I have got to be a part of this place, this experience. Gut-wrenching though it may have been. Cruel as this place seems to be, when I was at my lowest point, someone or the other, a fellow student, a teacher, always helped to pick me up and set me back on my feet. For this I am grateful. And of course, having the IIM A tag has opened many doors for me, which it would have been difficult for me to open otherwise. I fully acknowledge that and I am grateful for it. It is a pity that I have not leveraged my association with this place to the fullest. But that's my fault, not that of the insti. My experience of the insti was extremely private and solitary- I never shared in the camaraderie that the batch mates shared with each other as a group. That's why- the reunion didn't work for me. I need to experience the insti alone- for that's how I always experienced it. I am grateful for my IIM A experience. Thank you IIM A- IIM A ka tempo high hai!

No comments:

Post a Comment